The Marigaux M2 model oboe with Howarth thumbplate is a professional dual system instrument.
Marigaux have been a leading manufacturer of high quality instruments in their French factory for over 85 years. Every instrument is hand finished by their experienced makers and fully tested and tuned by professional players before it leaves the factory. This attention to detail has made Marigaux oboes a popular choice for professional players.
The M2 model is the latest professional model from Marigaux. It features a unique design with a shortened top joint and longer length main body joint. The shorter head joint allows the keywork to be redesigned to its optimum position and reduces the risk of any cracking in the instrument. The M2 is supplied with 2 head joints, one in Grenadilla wood and one made from synthetic material. The synthetic joint has the same responsiveness and resonance as the wooden joint, but is not affected by changes in temperature and humidity.
- Instrument made from Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Innovative design, short head joint with a longer main body joint
- Supplied with 2 head joints, one in Grenadilla wood, one in composite material
- Conservatoire keywork with Howarth thumbplate, converting to dual system
- Semi-automatic octaves
- 3rd octave key (repositioned to the left of the thumbplate)
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Ergonomically designed G, G# and long F keys
- Adjustment screw for the D-ring to facilitate a D to G slide in the top octave
- Ergonomically designed C, C# and Eb keys
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Low Bb vent
- Re-shaped bell
- All necessary adjusting screws
- Instrument is supplied in a Marigaux case and case cover
Additional head joints in different lengths are available to special order.