The Mönnig model 190 LF 'Ludwig Frank' bass oboe is a professional dual system instrument, with Howarth thumbplate.
Mönnig have been producing high quality woodwind instruments since the company was founded in Germany in the early 19th Century. Their modern range of instruments, manufactured in their German workshops, are hand finished to the highest standards.
Mönnig have made a number of technical adjustments to develop the model 190 LF. The use of Maple wood makes the instrument lighter in weight, whilst the flared bell improves tone projection and resonance across the full range of the instrument.
- Made from Red Maple wood (acer rubrum) stained black
- Silver plated keywork
- Conservatoire with Howarth thumbplate, converting to dual system
- 3rd octave key
- Semi-automatic octaves
- Flared bell shape
- Adjustable spike
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Left hand F key
- Supplied with 2 silver plated crooks
Instrument is supplied in a Mönnig case with case cover.