"Designed for the beginner, this collection of pieces provides stimulating performing material at the easiest possible level. The accompaniments (piano or CD) provide a good solid backing and will inspire the soloist to play with energy and enthusiasm. I have made much deliberate use of the repetition of phrases, as I feel that this is the best way for pupils to absorb new rhythms." (James Rae)
- 10 solo performance pieces for the beginner in a variety of styles including Swing, Funk, Reggae, Blues and Latin.
- The accompaniments, either piano or the CD of orchestrated backings, are strong and supportive taking the player
- straight intothe right stylistic environment.
- The CD also features demonstration solos.
- Ideal for group tuition.
- These pieces are available for other instruments making Play it Cool suitable as elementary ensemble material.
- Universal Edition
- Rae, James
- Alto Saxophone
- Tenor Saxophone
- Trinity Sax Grade 2
- ISBN: 978-3-7024-3294-2