The Lorée Royal 125 Model 'cR + 3 -125' oboe is a professional instrument with a Lorée thumbplate. It was designed and produced to celebrate the 125th Anniversary of F. Lorée.
Founded in 1881, F. Lorée are one of the oldest specialist oboe manufacturing firms. They have a long established reputation for developing and manufacturing fine professional instruments in their French factory.
The Royal model oboes have a thicker wall compared to the Etoile and
standard model Lorée oboes. This gives the Royal oboe a rounder and
darker tone. The 125 edition has a number of additional features as standard, including a high D vent and gold plated rings and posts.
- Body made from Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Gold plated reed well, rings and posts
- Conservatoire system with Lorée thumbplate, converting to dual system.
- 3rd octave key
- Semi-automatic octaves
- High D vent
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Left hand F key
- Low Bb resonance key
- Metal reinforced tenons
- All necessary adjusting screws, including an option to regulate the middle C key
- Instrument is supplied in a Lorée professional case with a case cover
Special Order Options:
- Gold plated keys
- Violet wood
- Synthetic top joint
- Instrument descending to low A
- Harmonic key