The Mönnig model 170 RW 'Wagner' oboe d'amore is a professional conservatoire instrument, with additional Howarth thumbplate.
Mönnig have been producing high quality woodwind instruments since the company was founded in Germany in the early 19th Century. Their modern range of instruments, manufactured in their German workshops, are hand finished to the highest standards.
Developed as a professional soloist instrument, the 170 RW model is supplied with 2 bells. One standard d'amore bell and one conical bell with a wide flare for increased projection.
- Body in Grenadilla (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork with gold plated posts and rings
- Supplied with 2 bells, one traditional and one straight
- Conservatoire system with Howarth thumbplate, converting to dual system
- Supplied with 2 gold plated crooks
- Semi-automatic octaves
- 3rd octave key
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Left hand F key
- Low B resonance key
Instrument is supplied in a Mönnig case with case cover.