The Mönnig model 180 D 'Diamant' cor anglais is a professional dual system instrument, with a Howarth thumbplate.
Mönnig have been producing high quality woodwind instruments since the company was founded in Germany in the early 19th Century. Their modern range of instruments, manufactured in their German workshops, are hand finished to the highest standards.
Designed as a soloist instrument, the dark and powerful tone of the 180 D model combined with excellent intonation and flexibility has made this a popular choice with orchestral cor anglais players worldwide.
- Body in Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Bell in Cocobolo wood (dalbergia retusa)
- Silver plated keywork with gold plated posts and rings
- Conservatoire with Howarth thumbplate, converting to dual system
- Supplied with 2 gold plated crooks
- Semi-automatic octaves
- 3rd octave key
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Left hand F key
- Low B resonance key
- G resonance key
- Roller on the F key
- All necessary adjusting screws
Instrument is supplied in a Mönnig professional single cor anglais case and case cover.
We have a large selection of double oboe and cor anglais instrument cases available. Please see our accessories page or speak to us for the full range of options.