Fifteen tunes that reflect the breadth and diversity of jazz, from the great African-American tradition to the vibrant and multicultural sounds of jazz today.
Includes a CD with playalong rhythm-section tracks and full performances recorded by top musicians.
Contains sections for improvised solos, with notated guideline pitches to get you started.
- ABRSM Publishing
- ABRSM Jazz
- Tenor Saxophone
- ABRSM Jazz Sax Grade 2
- ISBN: 978-1-8609-6308-7
- Watermelon Man [Herbie Hancock]
- Old Joe Clark [Trad.]
- Wanderlust [Duke Ellington / Johnny Hodges]
- Second Shot [John Dankworth]
- Things Are Getting Better [Julian 'Canonball' Adderley]
- Fotografia [Antonio Carlos Jobim]
- I'm an Old Cowhand [Johnny Mercer]
- Song for my Father [Horace Silver]
- The Trolley Song [Hugh Martin / Ralph Blane]
- When Lights Are Low [Benny Carter]
- Ek Se [Abdullah Ibrahim]
- For Turiya [Charlie Haden]
- Ally the Wallygator [Tommy Smith]
- Mission: To Be Where I Am [Jan Garbarek]
- Nostalgia [Martin Speake]