The S6 has been handmade by experienced craftsmen in our UK factory and is finished to the highest standards. This lightweight professional oboe offers excellent tone and stability for advanced and professional players.
The S6 oboe is available in high density Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon) with silver plated keywork.
In addition to the standard model S6, we are now able to offer the S6 with a fully synthetic top joint. Please enquire for further details and costs.
- Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Full Conservatorie system keywork with a thumbplate (English system)
- Semi-automatic octaves (English system)
- 3rd octave key
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- "Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Metal-lined tenon sockets and tipped tenons
- Undercut tone holes
- Low Bb vent
- All necessary adjusting screws
- Weight of instrument in Grenadilla ~712g
- Instrument is supplied in a Howarth lined case and a Howarth Professional case cover